PRIVACY STATEMENT JAMIEOLIVERBBQ.COM
Version: 5 November 2018
1. Who are we?
Any personal data provided to or gathered via the website www.Jamieoliverbbq.com (hereafter: ‘website’) is controlled by Merison Retail B.V.. Merison Retail B.V. located in the Netherlands and any of its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereafter: ‘Merison’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) collect and process data relating to the website visitors www.Jamieoliverbbq.com (hereafter together referred to as: ‘I’, ‘me’, ‘you’). We are responsible for the processing of your personal data as described in this privacy statement, and qualify as ‘data controller’ under applicable data protection laws.
2. What do we do?
Via our website, we offer Jamie Oliver products manufactured, distributed and sold under license by Merison for Jamie Oliver Licensing Ltd.. To do this we follow information usage practices based on our beliefs that protecting user privacy is essential to the growth and success of our online sales of Jamie Oliver products. We work with all of our customers, suppliers and service providers without compromising individual privacy.
3. Purpose of this privacy statement
With this privacy statement, we aim to inform you how we treat and protect data relating to you and/or your device. Please take some time to read about what our business does by visiting also www.Merison.com , learn how we ensure that the data which is shared with us is collected and used safely, again not compromising individual privacy.
We may occasionally make changes to this privacy statement. If we do, we will update the “Last Modified” date below on this privacy statement. If we make a material change, such as the ways in which we use personal data, we will notify you via a prominent notice on our website.
4. Which categories of (personal) data may we collect and/or process in relation to you and/or your devices?
We process (personal) data in relation to you and/or your device if you visit our website and or if you buy one of our products via the website (hereafter all data together is referred to as: ‘Customer data’).
Technical and analytical details
(Technical) data may be collected and further processed with cookies, log files or similar technologies. Cookies are small files which are stored on a user’s computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next (Source: www.whatarecookies.com).
If you visit our website, we may process the following (technical) data categories:
- browser or device type
- operating system
- domain name
- language preference
- platform type
- access dates and times
- referring website addresses
- browsing and search activity
While browsing on the website, you may choose to provide information to us voluntarily if you interact with the website in certain ways or when using one of our contact forms. We will then process the information that you have provided us with.
Please be aware that in addition to our website, the sites of any third-party websites linked to our site may also collect information from you for various purposes. Although we choose our business partners carefully, Merison is not responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of such websites you visit to determine how they handle any information they collect from you.
Analytical cookies are used on this website. Merison uses Google Analytics to obtain information about the quality and effectiveness of our websites. Google will only process cookies and related cookie data on behalf of us, and does not share such data for their own and other services.
We do not receive any data from website visitors via sources other than directly from you and your device. We do not enhance this data with data from public sources.
We have entered into a data processing agreement with Google. As a measure to protect your data.
If you purchase a product on our website:
- Personal details: First name and last name.
- Contact details: Delivery address, e-mail address and telephone number.
- Purchase details: Item of purchase, date of purchase.
- Registration for warranty: Batch/PO/PIN number, store and location.
- Financial details: Bank account number/IBAN. When you pay with your credit card, we send your credit card details from our secured environment directly to Adyen. They process our credit card payments. We won’t be able to see your credit card details, Adyen will only tell us whether the payment was successful.
- Device details: IP address.
If you make use of our customer service:
- Personal details: First name and last name.
- Contact details: E-mail address and telephone number.
- Correspondence details: Questions and complaints.
We may collect the following personal data in general:
- Any other personal data provided by you directly;
- Any personal data whose processing is required pursuant to, or necessary with a view to the application of legislation.
5. For which purposes do we process your Customer data?
We collect and processes your data described above for multiple purposes, which can be subdivided as follows:
|No.||Purpose||One of the following legal bases|
|Functional and analytical details||Especially with regards to (technical) data including cookies:
· To ensure that our website is properly functioning, so we can provide our services;
· to obtain information about the quality and effectiveness of our delivered information.
|· Legitimate interest of Merison: i.e. to facilitate its regular business activities.|
|Customer details||· For our online sales purposes;
· To comply with applicable laws and regulations or to respond to a lawful request for information received by us, whether or not a response is required by applicable law;
· To protect the safety of members of the public and users of the service;
|· Necessary for performance contract between you and Merison (or take pre-contractual arrangements).
· Legitimate interest of Merison: i.e. to conduct core business activities / to facilitate regular business activities;
· Necessary to fulfil legal requirement applicable to Merison;
· Your consent
Please be aware that the processing of the data categories for the purposes, as mentioned above, are based on one of the legal bases mentioned (depending upon the specific data category and sub purpose at stake), and not all legal bases simultaneously.
6. Who may receive your data from us?
Please find below a schedule with the (types of) partners we use:
|Type of recipient|
|You (in your personal account or when requested access)|
|Other Merison-entities and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates|
|Provider of an accountancy program|
|Provider of an e-mail service|
|Provider of financial administration|
|Provider of administration software|
|Third party marketing partners|
|Third party logistical service providers|
|Provider of data sharing tool|
While Merison strongly encourages and where possible commits its partners to adopt responsible approaches to the gathering and storage of personal data, Merison is not responsible for the information practices of such partners.
In the event that Merison is acquired by or merged with a third party, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your information is treated, transferred, or used.
7. Do we protect your Customer Data?
The security of your information is important to us. We have implemented appropriate (technical and organizational) security measures to protect the information in our care, both in transit and at rest. We take technical and organizational security measures to protect our data from unauthorized access, as well as unauthorized disclosure or destruction of data. No transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. While we strive to protect your data, it may be possible for third parties not under the control of Merison to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise data security. Merison cannot ensure or warrant the security of information you transmit to us. You acknowledge and assume this risk when communicating with Merison. Merison will inform you in case of a data security breach if required by applicable law or otherwise considered feasible in our opinion.
Our philosophy on privacy at Merison follows the framework of Privacy by Design. We integrate privacy in strategy, our online sales set up for our customers and more. We can protect customer privacy while at the same time being able to provide our service providers with the relevant information they need. Ensuring the protection of privacy throughout the entire lifecycle of the data is of the utmost importance and Merison is at all times careful to protect privacy as data is collected, used, and destroyed responsibly.
8. Does Merison protect my Customer Data in case they are transferred outside the country where it is collected?
Merison does not transfer personal data of EU consumers to receivers in third countries outside the European Union, unless it is necessary for the purpose the data is collected that the data may be transferred to another country. In that case Merison will take the appropriate measures to ensure your data is protected within the limits set by law.
Personal data of non-EU consumers shall remain in the country where the consumers’ personal data is collected, unless it is necessary for the purpose data is collected that the data may be transferred to another country. In that case Merison will take the appropriate measures to ensure your data is protected within the limits set by law.
9. How long will we keep your Customer data?
Customer data will be stored as long as necessary for the purpose for which the data is collected and processed.
To determine the data retention period of a particular category of Customer Data, we use the following criteria:
- If you purchase a product or make use of our customer services, we will store your personal details, contact details, correspondence details and purchase details for a maximum period of 2 years after transaction/interaction with Merison, unless legal obligation applies to store longer or shorter.
- We comply with its legal requirements to record and/or store data or files for a certain minimum period, i.e. e.g. financial details 7 years for tax purposes.
- If you register for a product warranty the data will be stored maximum 10 years after transaction with Merison.
10. Which rights can I exercise with regards to my Customer data you process?
Technical and analytical details
You may regulate the collection and use of (technical) data collected via the website in your browser., or via the opt-out options provided herein.
Visitors who choose to reject all cookies may have difficulty navigating on the website or may experience some website errors.
In general, you have the right to request Merison to have access to your data. In certain circumstances, you have a right to rectify or delete your data, to block the data processing (e.g. if the data processing is no longer necessary for Merison’s purposes), to object to the data processing (e.g. with regards to direct marketing and if you no longer wish to receive any direct marketing information from Merison) and to invoke your right to data portability (e.g. if our data processing is based on your consent). You can invoke your rights by contacting Merison’s Data Protection Officer: DPO@brandloyalty-int.com.
If you feel we have not appropriately dealt with your complaint, you may also submit a complaint at a local data protection authority.
Who can I contact about my data?
If you have a question or would like to submit a complaint with regards to the collection and processing of your data by Merison, you can contact Merison’s Data Protection Officer: DPO@brandloyalty-int.com.
Merison Retail B.V.
Joop Geesinkweg 224
1114 AB Amsterdam
Last updated: 5 November 2018