Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by Jamieoliverbbq.com is controlled by Merison BV.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Jamieoliverbbq.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at Jamieoliverbbq.com. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Jamieoliverbbq.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Jamieoliverbbq.com on other websites.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Jamieoliverbbq.com or its subsidiaries and, where applicable, have requested or consented to location services, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as search results, and other personalised content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Jamieoliverbbq.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Information From Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
Does Jamieoliverbbq.com Share the Information it Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Jamieoliverbbq.com shares customer information only as described below and with Jamieoliverbbq.com.com, Inc. and the subsidiaries which Jamieoliverbbq.com.com, Inc., controls and that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as Marketplace sellers, these businesses operate stores at Jamieoliverbbq.com or sell offerings to you at Jamieoliverbbq.com. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services or sell product lines jointly with or on behalf of these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Jamieoliverbbq.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Jamieoliverbbq.com.com, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Jamieoliverbbq.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Jamieoliverbbq.com, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How Secure is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. For more information about third-party advertising at Jamieoliverbbq.com, including personalised or interest-based ads, please read our Cookies & Internet Advertising policy.
What Information Can I Access?
Jamieoliverbbq.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Jamieoliverbbq.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our website evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Jamieoliverbbq.com features as Your Profile,Wish Lists, Customer Reviews and Jamieoliverbbq.com Prime.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the Which Information Can I Access? section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use & Sale and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Jamieoliverbbq.com and orders placed with Jamieoliverbbq.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Are Children Allowed to Use Jamieoliverbbq.com?
Jamieoliverbbq.com doesn’t sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you’re under 18, you may use Jamieoliverbbq.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Jamieoliverbbq.com, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use and Sale will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.